Notice

Please note that all content (photographs and text) are copyright of the author. I have licenced the contents of my blog under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License:This means that you can repost and use material for non commercial use only and as long as you give credit to me as the author and include the same conditions for anyone else to use the material likewise.Refer to the link for more information: Creative CommonsAttribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

Monday, 4 February 2013

French Formal Gardens of the Abbey de La Cambre Part 2

French Formal Gardens of the Abbey de La Cambre Part 2



Entering the Abbey grounds from the main road.


Vista of Abbey grounds decending stairs from main road entrance





I think the pond is actually a fountain but it was not on that day. This is the centre of what I think of as the Upper Terrace.



View of the Church and some Abbey buildings from the upper terrace. There were actually quite a few people enjoying the sun on the Upper and lower terraces but I managed to frame the shots in a way that discretely excluded them. That was in part to preserve their privacy as well as for aesthetic reasons. I mean ... I was there to take pictures of the plants and buildings not of people. I suppose if they had been dressed in clothing of an appropriate period (Medieval, 18th Century or even Late 19th Century or early 20th Century) I would have photographed them after asking them of course.



In this instance I made it obvious that I did NOT want them in the photo by waiting for people walking around to move out of the way. A few people noticed and kind of hurried up or smiled sheepishly to which I responded by thanking them or smiling back.

 
Flora and Fauna - Plants and Critters Blog by Vincent Albert Vermeulen is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at http://plantsandcritters.blogspot.be/.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://plantsandcritters.blogspot.be/.
Additional information:
Here is a list of my blogs:
·         Flora and Fauna - Plants and Critters (on plants, animals as well as gardening, conservation and environmental matters): http://plantsandcritters.blogspot.com/
·         The Blood of  Souls (language, translation and etymology) : http://thebloodofsouls.blogspot.com/
·         Whiskers on Kittens (Life with Kittens and Cats in general) : http://whiskersonkittens-vincent.blogspot.com/
 
 
 

 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment