Notice

Please note that all content (photographs and text) are copyright of the author.

Saturday 21 March 2020

Changes to this blog

I have not posted anything on this for a while. There are several reason.
  • I have been busy completing an LLM in Intellectual property and ICT Law
  • Trying to get a small independent publishing company: Island Ink Publishing Co. Ltd. off the ground.
  • I have been wanting to tidy up the blog edit posts and generally reorganize the blog
  • I have been working on trying to compile some books using material I have used in the blog.
    • One area is basically a series of books based on the Intriguing Plants category which will include what I have already posted on but with additional information. In essence going much more into depths in covering various plants.
    • Another is a separate series of stand alone books looking plants from various perspectives one being poisonous plants.
    • Another category of books are approaching plants from a legal perspective. ie legal issues related to plants and gardening. Basically combining my passion for botany, horticulture, photography and law.
  • I was also stopped posting things because I was angry when I tried to monetize my blog and was told that I was ineligible due to suspicious activity which I traced to some people diverting dodgy traffic through my blog posts as well as using some of my photos as click bait to divert traffic to dodgy sites. So not only was I prevented from being able to gain some revenue from my own work but others were infringing on my copyright not to mention using my work in relation to sites that I certainly do not want to be associated with.
At the moment I am basically looking at rebooting this and some of my other blogs elsewhere. I was going to do this originally as a mirror site but now I have decided that it would be best to just move everything to a separate platform maybe even a website that I will have more control over. although I have considered posting material on Medium or maybe via Patreon.

I am sorry if people have been wanting to read more posts and see more photos but because of this last reason I am very reluctant to continue to post new material. Taking the photos, researching the material for the posts and writing the up take a lot of time and it is not really fair to expect someone to do this if they cannot get any financial benefit out of their work and worse if others are deriving financial benefits while the person who created the works is not able to do so. Hopefully I will get things sorted out and resume posting new material. I actually have a whole series of posts still in draft form waiting to be posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment